17 December 2012

Curly girl/GHE: week 2 day 1


I know I'm all over the place with this one.



My first week doing the curly girl has been ok. I stopped using the tresseeme split remedy and actually, I've stopped using anything in my hair outside of conditioner and a little oil. I have definitely noticed my hair is beginning to feel softer and moisturized longer. I can't tell if its doing anything for curl definition, but I suppose that'll come later. I just want to say though, I don't expect it to fo much for my afro and scab hairs. I just don't believe there is any way to permanently change your curl pattern without force of tools and chemicals. If that's your goal, then you're going to be disappointed. You can't make define curls that don't exist.

I've also been baggying my hair every night to help promote growth, moisture and length retention. Some people complain about a smell, but I haven't noticed. I'm trying to avoid baggying up my hair too moist because I don't want my scalp getting all soggy from being wet all the time. While I want my hair to be moisturized, its important to let your hair and scalp dry. Imagine when you're in the tub too long, how pruny your fingers get. now imagine your scalp doing the same. You probably also don't want the salt deposits from sweat sitting on your head too long. that isn't scientific, that's just me. I'm not concerned really with the.salt because I find myself cowashing practically everyday. Hopefully in another week or two I'll start to notice a difference with both techniques.

Ive been combating that by focusing more on the growth aspect. Last night I baggied my head up without water, but I did massage a tiny bit of oil in my scalp.

Location : 2403-2423 Wilma Rudolph Blvd, Clarksville, TN 37040,
holysht, that's me!

No comments:

Post a Comment