24 May 2013

Update on hair practices


So, here I am in my hair journey. I've berm using that Loreal evercurl system and I like it. I mean, I don't use a lot of products to compare it, but it smells nice, makes my hair soft and feels pretty moisturized.

However, I do wish it gave me more frizz control, but I think that's just the problem with short hair because my ends are showing. When I twist then, my ends are frayed and yes I've tried trimming them. Doesn't help. I'll just have to wait until it gets longer. The length of my hair is fairly smooth and has sheen, but I won't see it for a while.

I've started taking msm with my daily supplement. It's only been a couple of weeks so I can't tell if ours doing anything yet. I think my nails do feel stronger and I have noticed less hair going down the drain. I'd love it if it would clear up my skin though. Starting to do yogurt masks for that, which seemingly made my acne worse yesterday. Anyway, that's a different blog altogether.

I'm thinking of adding horsetail or bamboo silica to my supplements as well. Probably the horsetail. It's cheaper and readily available at Walmart or the pharmacy.

Yes I know hair growth requires patience, but nothing wrong with trying lol. Why not give my head a boost for a few more inches by summer?

Other than this, I'm still pretty low maintenance when it comes to my hair. I wash it once a week then flat twist it. I've started Cowashing in the middle of the week to keep my hair looking fresh, but might start cutting that out. I'm just really lazy and don't want to do any more than I need to lol.

One last thing. I was conditioning my hair under the dryer last night and added oil to my hair.. Detangling has never been an issue for me, unless I use oil! Ugh, I thought I was going to have to cut my hair! If I ever decide to do a hot oil treatment again, sometime slap me. I'm afraid to untwist my hair today because of the amount of knotting I had last night... I will be do mad if I have to cut my hair.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment