03 April 2013

Where I've been...

I haven't been updating for the past couple of months for two reasons: 1) my mother died February 15... 2) I lost the battery to my phone while travelling to her funeral.

I have a new phone (unlocked). but I can't really do anything with it i.e. YouTube, Blogger, send/receive media messages.

For a while, I wasn't doing very much with my hair. I just couldn't find the time or energy, but with the loss of a parent a lot of things don't seem very important.

Last week, though, I started back on my natural hair journey. My hair is about 3 or 4 inches now, so I'm starting to relearn how to twist it. I was going to attempt finger coils, but quickly remembered how lazy I am :/.

My hair was very dry for a while, so I started deep conditioning again with yogurt and honey. I've decided with low porous hair, the curly girl method is not for me. I've modified it some; still avoiding cones and sulfates as much as possible. I'm considering trying rhassoul clay to replace shampoo once or twice a month, but I'm on the fence about that.

Currently, my regimen is still simple (naturally, haha): Once per week I use a baking soda mix to raise the cuticle layer of my hair, then I use conditioner (herbal essences smooth collection (the rose one from their old school selection)) to detangle, after that I put on my yogurt/honey hair mixture on my hair then sit under the dryer for like an hour or until I get tired of sitting, after rinsing the yogurt I add either the herbal essences or mane and tail conditioner to wet hair as a leave in then cover with a towel. I just got that naturals product by dark and lovely, which I use to twist my hair up. You know the one with the orange top promising no shrinkage and blah blah blah.. It leaves my hair feeling a little oily, but by the second day my hair is alright. I'll probably continue looking for a new product for twisting. During the week, I just cover with a satin scarf. My hair generally keeps its definition for a few days. This week, I'm going to start cowashing then retwisting in the middle of the week.

I know this update is pretty unorganized and informal, but hey, aren't they all? haha. I'll try to post pictures soon of my hair as I'm coming up on my year mark since my last relaxer. I'm pretty sure it was in May... or perhaps it was March?? hmm, wither way, I'll have some pictures up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment