30 April 2013

Mango butter and bentonite clay

For the past fee Wells, I've been using bentonite clay in my hair a my deep conditioner. I mix it with yogurt and honey, my typical deep conditioner.

I suppose my results are ok. I haven't done a wash and go with it so I can't tell the true results.

I keep the mask on my hair for about an hour, usually under my hooded dryer. After I rinse, I do a quick condition and detangle with herbal essences rose hip or whatever from their original collection. Ice never really had an issue with knots, even now as my hair is getting longer, so I can't tell if the clay helps with that. If you read on other blogs, however, people claim it does.

I've started twisting my hair on wash day (which is once a week when I feel like it). Although I have low porosity hair, I now seal my hair with my own hair butter. The dark and lovely one I bought worked ok, I just wanted to use a more natural hair dressing. I mixed together mango butter, sweet almond oil, olive oil, water, and vitamin e oil. There are also some essential oils typo, but I forgot which. I believe rose oil is one though.

Anyway, I don't like to use a lot of oil because it makes my hair super greasy. My hair will not absorb oils and butters, but I still use it to make twisting easier. Also, by the second day my hair is less oily. By the end of the week, my hair is still soft using the mango butter.. My concoction is still a work in progress. I need to find a way to make it more fluffy and light, without adding a lot more oil.. Perhaps more water and honey.

Now that I have a new phone, which I had to go thru much suffering to get, I will try to keep posting in case someone somewhere out there wants to read what I write.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment